Your hair is a great way to make a statement, whether its your wedding day or you’re just out running errands, your hair is important. Many of us use color, curling irons or straighteners to style our hair, and we all know that these can damage and dry out our locks. Since the day-day can be so hard on our hair, we’ve compiled some tips to keep it hair healthy and soft, from benefits of coconut oil to properly washing and brushing your hair.
Top tips for soft, healthy hair
We all want luscious locks, so here are some simple tips and tricks to help you take care of your hair and keep it soft.
- Wash your hair less frequently. Your scalp produces natural oils that moisturise your hair and keep it soft. Washing your hair every day strips these away, causing the scalp to over-produce the oils. Instead, wash your hair a few times a week and allow your body to make your hair softer naturally.
- Always use a comb if your hair is wet. A wide tooth comb is the best way to detangle and calm your hair when it is wet. Your hair is in its weakest state when wet, and using a brush can damage it, leading to dry, brittle hair.
- Use cold water to rinse your hair at the end of your shower or bath. Hot water can cause your hair to become frizzy and dry it out, so use water as cold as you can bare to rinse out your hair to give it a smooth and shiny appearance.
- Don’t forget the conditioner! A simple and easy step that will leader to softer hair is to use a conditioner after shampooing your hair. Obvi, right? Now make sure you’re using one that’s specifically geared for your hair type.
- Use oils within your hair care routine. Oils are a great way to add moisture and protect you hair. Lets delve in to how to best use oils as part of your hair care routine.
As well as ensuring you are taking good care of your hair, why not try adding oils into your haircare routine?
- Using coconut oil for hair care is easy. First, melt it:
- Coconut oil can be melted by putting it in a small bowl. Place this bowl into a larger bowl of boiling water, taking care to not allow it to float or take on water.
- Allow it to sit until the coconut oil is melted.
Once it is melted you can use coconut oil in a number of ways to make your hair soft.
- Use coconut oil after washing your hair to condition it. Leave it wrapped in a towel for thirty minutes before using shampoo to wash the oil out.
- Rub coconut oil into the ends of your hair to detangle your hair, a simple way to make sure it’s soft and healthy.
- You can also use tea tree oil for hair care. Simply ensure it’s used with a carrier oil such as jojoba or almond oil.
- To keep your hair soft tea tree oil can be used to massage your hair and scalp, working as a perfect moisturiser.
- Dandruff and other dry scalp conditions are exactly what you don’t want if you’re trying to keep your hair soft. Simply add tea tree oil to your normal shampoo and use it as part of your normal washing routine!
Now, take it easy on the hair tools, and let your locks dry naturally at least once a week!